Saturday, June 14, 2008

FDA Admits Dental Fillings Are Toxic

Mercury from amalgam dental fillings may be toxic to children and developing fetuses, the FDA now admits.

Experts say there's no proof that dental fillings cause harm to consumers. But they also say there's no proof that the fillings -- which are half mercury by weight -- are entirely safe.

On its web site, the FDA has dropped much of its reassuring language about dental amalgam. And it's added what amounts to a warning: "Dental amalgams contain mercury, which may have neurotoxic effects on the nervous systems of developing children and fetuses."

Read more here.

No comments:

Share This Post